1. Vehicle Inspection Requirements—New Rules
2. Motor Vehicle Sales Tax—New Rule Amendments
3. Battery Sales Fee—New Rule Amendments
• Please see the attached MEMORANDUM
which discusses new rules adopted by the DPS for VIRs as well as a suggested signed statement to obtain from the vehicle owner/operator and maintain by the inspection station as proof of the required advisement, when reasonably practical.
• The Comptroller adopts clarifying amendments regarding what is not included as “total consideration” for the calculation of motor vehicle sales tax.
• The Comptroller also adopts amendments to the battery sales fee.
Texas Battery Sales Fee Report (Comptroller Form 66-102) Attached