City Orders & Dealerships
Many towns and cities across the state are issuing an Order or Declaration regarding essential services that may remain open. Each order or declaration must be reviewed separately as they are not identical. To date, the state has not issued a state-wide order.
If an order or declaration is in process with your local officials, please contact them immediately and request that the words "auto dealership" be included as an essential retail establishment in order for both service and sales to remain in operation.
If an order has been issued and it does not include vehicle sales, only repair, reach out to the mayor or county judge and request that a clarification or additional guidance be issued allowing "auto dealerships" to be incorporated or that auto supply includes sales at the dealership.
Stress that the dealership practices CDC Guidelines and that a motor vehicle is critical to ensure that the citizenry can obtain necessities. Reassure the officials that the dealership is practicing CDC Guidelines.
The dealership is the only business where the public and the essential businesses can rent, lease, purchase, and service their vehicle.
Below here is a sign for use at the dealership. You may want to add additional information when posting, such as the dealership's phone number and website address.
CDC GUIDELINES PRACTICED AT THIS DEALERSHIP
- Guests and employees practice social distancing of six feet from one another.
- No groupings of more than 10 people at any one time.
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette requires that tissues be used at all times. Tissues are provided for all guests and employees and must be disposed of as soon as used.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and hand-sanitizer are available for use by all.
- An employee cannot come to work if they have a respiratory illness; signs of a fever; or if they are in a household where any member of the household has tested positive for COVID-19; and, the employee is requested to phone or visit their local doctor or health care professional for medical guidance.
- To our guests-your safety is paramount and we request that if you are feeling ill or have a fever or if you live in a household with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19, please go home immediately.
- All guests are encouraged to contact us on-line or by telephone. Please visit our website for more details.
- We look forward to serving your needs and ask that you be safe.